UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Be Smart with Batteries
According to energyquest.ca.gov, 40% of all batteries are purchased during the holiday season. Try buying energy-efficient gifts, or invest in rechargeable batteries for toys.
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- The Englishman and his folding bike aiming to revolutionizing how New Yorkers roll
- Stop delivering agrochemicals with microplastics, group says
- CAFOs are on the rise in Wisconsin. What to know about factory farms
- Op-ed: An engine for social justice leads the way to change
- Using comedy to combat climate change
- Meet the 2022 Goldman Environmental Prize winners
- How to find a "super tree"
- U.K. imposes windfall tax on oil and gas company profits as inflation bites