UCSF needs you to get involved!
Get Certified! Your office, lab, clinic/unit or event can get certified and recognized as LivingGreen. Just request an initial assessment and receive recommendations to boost your score. Once completed, your office, lab, or event will get certified and recognized for the great work your group has done! Certificates will be presented at the Annual Sustainability Awards and you’ll be recognized on our website and by the Chancellor. Winners can receive registration for the Annual California HIgher Education Sustainability Conference, held in Santa Barbara.
Here are also some individual things you can do:
- Follow us on Twitter
- Join our Sustainability listserv
- Like us on our UCSF LivingGreen Facebook site
- Join the Medical Consortium on Climate & Health. As some of the most respected professionals in America, doctors and nurses have a crucial part to play in raising awareness of the public about these issues.
- Join the Climate Health Alliance a coalition of health care stakeholders who work together to see the threat to human health from climate change and ecological degradation addressed through prompt policy action.
- Download BigFix, a power saving feature, on your computer. or just reset your computer to go to sleep after 10-20 minutes.
- Use Zoom videoconferencing tool instead of traveling.
- Report observed areas of energy or water waste and other resource inefficiencies to UCSF Facilities Services
- Turn off computer monitors, laboratory equipment, and office lights when not in use.
- Use a power strip to make it easy to turn off a bank of plugs when you leave the office for the day.
- Take public transit or shuttles where possible. Use the mobile phone shuttle app
- Set computers/printers to copy and print double-sided, and use 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper.
- Use electronic documents and store them on Box to eliminate paper storage.