UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Use that ceiling fan
If it gets too hot to keep the windows open, make sure to turn on the ceiling fan before resorting to the A/C. Ceiling fans use less energy and can be just as effective in many cases. Make sure the fan spins counterclockwise to circulate cool air. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Op-ed: We don’t have time for another fossil fuel bridge
- Are biogas subsidies benefiting the largest industrial animal farms?
- At Colorado’s tight-lipped air pollution agency, a 'culture of fear' prevails
- The ocean has lost half its coral reef coverage, study finds
- California's water crisis is real. What are the solutions?
- President Biden launches strategy to combat extreme heat linked to climate change, including labor standards
- Rev. Dr. Wayne M. Weathers: A spiritual call to action on climate change
- $66 million Uptown development will become a model of sustainability