UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Did you know? Paper receipts contain BPA,a chemical known to increase susceptibility to cancer and reproductive abnormalities. It’s easy to ‘skip the slip’ and opt for electronic receipts. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- All the times Keystone XL was inevitable
- As the climate emergency grows, farmworkers lack protection from deadly heat
- Toward Food Sovereignty in Alaska Native Communities - YES! Magazine
- Lights, camera, climate
- Peter Dykstra: Ready for a little good environmental news?
- Biden to reinstate road ban for Tongass National Forest
- Op-Ed: On climate, our hubris is the problem