UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Use that ceiling fan
If it gets too hot to keep the windows open, make sure to turn on the ceiling fan before resorting to the A/C. Ceiling fans use less energy and can be just as effective in many cases. Make sure the fan spins counterclockwise to circulate cool air. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Hurricanes disproportionately harm communities of color. TV news ignores that fact.
- Air pollution from fracking killed an estimated 20 people in Pennsylvania from 2010-2017: Study
- Bill McKibben: Racism, police violence, and the climate are not separate issues
- ‘This is about vulnerability’: Ingrid Waldron on the links between environmental racism and police brutality
- US ranks 24th in the world on environmental performance
- Shell’s plastics plant outside Pittsburgh has suddenly become a riskier bet, a study concludes
- Thomas Schuster: RGGI will protect, prepare Pennsylvania for years to come
- B.C. finally has rules to enforce clean up of oil and gas wells. But will they be enough to protect taxpayers?