UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Smart Holiday Lighting
Decorating for the holidays? Une Energy Sar qualified LED light strands! They're brighter, safer, and use 70% less energy than traditional light bulbs. To further cut down on your energy costs, consider installing a timer to automatically turn on your lights at night.
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- VIDEO: SEJ’s 8th annual journalists' guide to energy & the environment
- E.P.A. is letting cities dump more raw sewage into rivers for years to come
- Coral in Crisis: Can replanting efforts halt reefs’ death spiral?
- Booming plastics industry faces backlash as data about environmental harm grows
- U.S. media polarization and the 2020 election: A nation divided
- 5 reasons many see Trump’s free trade deal as a triumph for fossil fuels
- Interior attorney gave false information to Congress about contact with Koch Foundation
- EPA resists squeeze, but for how long?