UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Tread lightly in the wilderness by adhering to “Leave No Trace” camping practices. Do not burn plastics, food packaging or metals. Make sure to pack biodegradable soap, reusable dishes and utensils, and always leave your campsite better than you found it! Make an impact by picking up litter- even if it isn’t yours. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- The bad seeds: Are wildfire recovery efforts hurting biodiversity?
- Watchdog group calls decreased tax on coal a "blatant subsidy" for the coal industry
- Should you buy carbon offsets?
- An environmental lawyer explains where Elizabeth Warren's Blue New Deal falls short
- Why car-free streets will soon be the norm
- The U.S. has almost no official presence at COP25 but is still "obstructing any progress"
- At U.N. climate talks, presidential hopeful Mike Bloomberg touts his carbon-cutting agenda
- New York loses climate change fraud case against Exxon Mobil