UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Did you know? Paper receipts contain BPA,a chemical known to increase susceptibility to cancer and reproductive abnormalities. It’s easy to ‘skip the slip’ and opt for electronic receipts. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- As natural gas bans go national, can cities fill the gap?
- Killed for defending the planet: Murder of environmental activists reaches record high
- 'There’s still a choice': New Zealand's melting glaciers show the human fingerprints of climate change
- This ‘solution’ to the plastic crisis is really just another way to burn fossil fuels
- Rising seas puts hundreds of Superfund sites at risk, study says
- A decade of water woes in Butler County community
- Current $61M bribery allegation opens old wounds for FirstEnergy
- The casualties of Chennai's River restoration