UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Are you trying to cut back on your plastic consumption? Give up chewing gum! Gum has little to no nutritional value and is made up of synthetic plastic polymers that do not biodegrade. It cannot be recycled and often ends up stuck on our streets and in our natural environments, which require chemical cleaning. After cigarette butts, chewing gum in the most common form of litter. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Fairy Creek blockaders say B.C. to blame for old-growth forest standoff
- Pacific heat wave had lasting impacts on Gulf of Alaska marine species
- Can grazing antelope regenerate South Africa’s coastal vegetation?
- Burning pig poop fumes doesn’t solve anything
- Massachusetts revokes permit for proposed Springfield biomass plant
- As temperatures rise, so do allergies
- Asthma programs to receive $3.7 million from Port of Long Beach
- Tom Stacey: Polluting SUVs will be on roads for the next two decades – what should we do with them?