UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Did you know that 40% of the food in the US is never eaten? A recent study found that 42% of UC students are food insecure. Sign up to be a food provider with the Food 4 UCSF Students app. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Health & Sustainability News
- Canadian teens to sue federal government over climate crisis inaction
- Trudeau extends olive branch to Western Canada, vows to build Trans Mountain despite opposition
- What's driving up bacteria levels in Ketchikan's drinking water? Climate change. And goats.
- Agency says gov't must pay fishermen to save most endangered marine mammal
- Trump prepares to formally withdraw U.S. from Paris Climate Accord
- Diversifying crops is good for the planet. But can it be good for farmers' wallets?
- What’s big, lives underwater, and fights climate change with its body and booty? Whale give you one guess.
- DOJ sues California to stifle cap-and-trade program with Quebec