UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
I think therefore I garden
Wouldn’t it be great if you could befriend your neighbors, restore your health, and eat organic and local food all at the same time? Good news, community gardens are growing all over San Francisco and they allow you to do just that and more! The benefits are endless for your health, the environment, and even your social life. Find one near you. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- What do politicians have to say about 'Fractured?'
- How hospitals can help patients and the planet
- “Allow suffering to speak:” Treating the oppressive roots of illness
- Coal mine selenium found in bighorn herds in Alberta
- Pennsylvania bill seeks to block towns from banning natural gas connections
- Beth McGee: New wave of streamside forested buffers needed now to protect Chesapeake Bay
- Michelle Nijhuis: Species solidarity and rediscovering our connection to the web of life
- The California Air Resources Board challenges ProPublica's carbon credits investigations. ProPublica responds