UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Be Smart with Batteries
According to energyquest.ca.gov, 40% of all batteries are purchased during the holiday season. Try buying energy-efficient gifts, or invest in rechargeable batteries for toys.
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- U.S. cities struggling to meet lofty climate goals
- Amy Coney Barrett faces recusal questions over links to Shell | US news | The Guardian
- Amy Coney Barrett faces recusal questions over links to Shell
- Op-Ed: Joe Biden is finally talking bout fossil fuels
- Europe moves to protect nature, but faces criticism over subsidizing farms
- The world’s largest tropical wetland has become an inferno
- My urban nature gem
- How climate change is making the Alps more dangerous