UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Smart Holiday Lighting
Decorating for the holidays? Une Energy Sar qualified LED light strands! They're brighter, safer, and use 70% less energy than traditional light bulbs. To further cut down on your energy costs, consider installing a timer to automatically turn on your lights at night.
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Derrick Z. Jackson: Roe v. Wade draft bodes ill for air, wetlands and the EPA
- Paris beltway to swap traffic lanes for green space
- South Korea offers Davos a model for recycling
- Danna Smith: Biden’s executive order on forests fails on climate and environmental justice
- Experts say Ukraine war shows we need a new way to feed the world
- Global heating is cutting sleep across the world, study finds
- Interior watchdog finds David Bernhardt did not violate lobbying laws
- Can philanthropists help fuel a global clean energy transition?